At Rock the Ocean, we support all types of not-for-profit, ocean conservation research, education, and public outreach programs, but what we especially love to reward are those big, outside-the-box, maverick ideas. If you can explain why and how your big idea is the next cornerstone of ocean conservation innovation, we want to help you make that dream a reality.
All applicants must be a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization whose work meets the mission of increasing public awareness about issues impacting the world’s oceans and to support ocean conservation initiatives. All applicants must have a strong record of accomplishments within the realm of ocean conservation.
An organization may submit no more than one application to the Foundation in a single calendar year. Grants are awarded by the Rock The Ocean Foundation Board of Directors, who meet twice annually.
- Submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) Form to the Foundation.
- After review, and upon acceptance, the Foundation will invite you to complete the formal Grant Application.
- Rock The Ocean Foundation will acknowledge receipt of your submitted Grant Application via email or phone call.
- You will be notified by the Foundation after the Board of Directors makes its decision regarding your proposal.
- Upon receipt of the grant, you will be required to submit two brief blog-style entries for the Foundation website. (1) An overview of your program and the proposed project, and (2) a progress update of the project as your grant draws to a close.
- You will be required to provide a final report on the manner in which the grant funds were spent and progress made in the accomplishing the grants purpose. All unspent funds will be returned to the Foundation.
LETTER OF INQUIRY
The online Letter Of Inquiry Form will require the following information:
- Title of Project or Program
- Summary of Project or Program
- Amount Requested
- Type of Funding (Project/Program, Capital Campaign, Operating)
- Organization’s Mission
- Program Area
- Target Audience
- Total of Project or Program Budget
- Total of Annual Operating Budget
- Whether or not your organization has Audited Financial Statements
- Tax Status 501(c)3 documentation
- Additional information to help us better understand your request
To submit your Letter of Inquiry, please click HERE.
Once the Board of Directors has both received and approved your Letter of Inquiry, please fill out the complete grant application HERE.