Rock The Ocean’s Conservation Village is our trademark concept that pairs music and conservation. With Rock The Ocean’s Tortuga Music Festival, we gather 30,000+ music fans on the beach in Fort Lauderdale for an epic music event. We take this opportunity to assemble 30+ top ocean conservation groups that are doing the best work to help save our seas and provide fans with some great conservation concepts on site. Pairing education and entertainment, we provide an “edu-tainment” experience!
Our mission is to deliver a profound and impactful message of ocean and marine conservation to every attendee at Tortuga Music Festival. In 2017, our theme was about every attendee Making A Difference: “What Is JUST ONE THING You Can Start Doing To Rock The Ocean?” We want each concert-goer to leave our event knowing what he or she, as an individual, can do to make a difference. Ultimately if 30,000+ fans leave knowing what he/she can do as an individual, what a profound, collective impact we will make!
Just a few highlights from past events:
- Rock The Ocean’s Passport to Conservation: By picking up a ‘passport’ and visiting all 30+ ocean conservation partners to collect their unique stamp, fans can be entered to win a chance to go BACKSTAGE and meet yearly headliners like Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan, Chris Stapleton, and Zac Brown Band
- 30+ of the best local, state, & national Ocean Conservation Groups
- Fans have been able to check out a live lionfish and staghorn coral, a turtle ambulance and interactive displays with shark tagging and tracking, lionfish capture, sea turtle rescue simulation, and many more!
- Paint with world-renowned artist Guy Harvey – stop by Conservation Village to paint on a 15’x6′ mural started by Guy Harvey
- Clean Vibes Trading Post – Fans collected trash to trade for prizes resulting in over 100,000 lbs of trash being recycled
- Over 9,000 sea oats planted to create a better coastal habitat for sea turtles & other wildlife
- Green Gourmet presents local & celebrity chefs preparing sustainable seafood selections for concert goers to sample
Many artists performing at Tortuga Music Festival also join us in Conservation Village to learn about ocean conservation and participate in hands-on activities like planting sea oat dunes to create a better habitat for sea turtles or checking out a submarine used to evaluate & document the changes in our oceans.
Conservation Village is strategically placed at the center of the action at Tortuga Music Festival to encourage fan interaction and education and consists of more than 30 Conservation Partner booths & displays that we hope to be educational, fun, and interactive. Conservation Village Partners host a display representing their organization, educate fans on their mission, allow fans to leave the festival with an “awakened consciousness” of the issues our oceans and marine environments are facing, and most importantly, what they, the fans, can do to make a difference!
Each year, Rock The Ocean strives to include the top ocean & marine conservation groups doing the best work to save our oceans. In 2017, our Conservation Village Partners include (2018 Partners COMING SOON!): Green Gourmet: Have questions or want to see how you can get involved?
Each year, Rock The Ocean strives to include the top ocean & marine conservation groups doing the best work to save our oceans. In 2017, our Conservation Village Partners include (2018 Partners COMING SOON!):
Have questions or want to see how you can get involved?» Contact Us